Description of the Cabin
Enjoy the soothing sounds of loon calls from the tranquil settings of our comfortable getaway cabin just off the shores of Lake Cochnewagon, 15 miles between the capital city of Augusta and Lewiston. The cabin is on a semi-secluded wooded lot that is just under 1 acre.
Relax with a book on the screened-in porch overlooking the lake through private wooded surroundings. This is the ideal place to spend quality time recharging from the "rat race" of city living. The skylights in the living room and kitchen and the hardwood floors and knotty pine walls make for a relaxing place to spend the evenings. You will definitely enjoy the nice wrap-around deck while "grilling out" or for star gazing in the evenings!
There are plenty of activities to keep you busy if you should decide to venture out--
- Live theater in the quaint town of Monmouth
- Antiquing in the many area shops
- Day trips to the coast or L.L. Bean (35-minute drive)
- Visiting interesting museums in the area
These are just a few of the cultural highlights. For the outdoor enthusiast, there are:
- Trails for biking and wandering
- Golf at the local public golf club
- Boating - one canoe included with rental (local shop will rent motor boats)
- Fishing for bass
- Swimming in the refreshing, clean lake waters
The Summer season starts in June (see calendar). Only SUMMER rentals are available at this time. Be sure to book your reservations early. You won't regret your stay in this great cabin on Lake Cochnewagon in the quaint town of Monmouth!
Experience the "Real Maine" outside the tourist trap area. However, Monmouth is close enough to take day trips to many enjoyable tourist attractions. Monmouth is also a great central location in order to visit the Maine coast or venture to the mountains in Western Maine and Quebec, Canada.